Takeshiba Tidal Flat （ Unique venue ）￼
It was developed to preserving and revitalize a continuous environment where shellfish, crustaceans, and diverse creatures that once inhabited Tokyo Bay can live.
It is known that endangered species in Tokyo such as Luciogobius guttatus exist in this waterside, and we will create an environment that will be a model case for regenerating the former rich Edomae sea.
Thanks to the development of tidal flats, the number of newly collected creatures has been increasing, and we provide a hydrophilic space where people and creatures can relax in “a cradle of Tokyo Bay.”
BASIC INFORMATIONTidal Flat Open Day is held on the second Sunday of every month.
We hold various events on a regular basis.
【An example of a Tidal Flat event】※As it is an example, please contact WATERS takeshiba HP for details.
- ① “Sea Craft Workshop”
- A participatory program in which participants write actions to protect the environment of the sea.
- ② “Takeshiba Fishing Experience & Competition”
- In addition to the fishing experience as held last year, a fishing competition to compete by the type and number of fish caught is held. In the first half, to raise the environmental consciousness, the garbage picking in the area is carried out, and fishing is experienced in the latter half. In the competition, the top winners are given a commemorative gift.
- ③ “Observation on Creature of Tidal Flat”
- Participants observe creatures and nature in the area according to the season such as baby fish in spring, shrimps and crabs in early summer, waterfowl in winter, and so on.
- ④ “Nazo-Suta! Takeshiba Tidal Flat version”
- An event to learn about the natural environment of Tidal Flat while solving the mystery installed in the venue.
Parents and children can challenge while having fun and deepen their learning through various devices.
- ⑤ “Beach Clean Art”
- Using the garbage on Tidal Flat, participants create sea creatures, and a photo of the finished work is taken to make a can badge to be given!
We will also use it as a MICE unique venue.
- 1-10-30 Kaigan, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-0022
- 6-min. walk from Hamamatsucho sta., north exit (JR)
7-min. walk from Daimon sta., B1 exit (Toei Asakusa/Oedo Line)
3-min. walk from Takeshiba sta. (Yurikamome)